PLEASE NOTE: Online registrations made after 4/12 must pick up bib number on Friday April 15 after 1pm or Saturday by 7:30am. Every effort will be made to have t-shirts available for late registrations, but we cannot guarantee availability nor size selections.
Coppell Education Foundation is bringing back the Red & Black Run to Fund on April 16, 2016. This Coppell community-based 5K Timed Race and 1-Mile Fun Run will start and finish at Coppell Middle School North, located at 120 Natches Trace in Coppell.
Proceeds raised from the Red & Black Run to Fund and other Coppell Education Foundation events, camps and fundraising campaigns allow us to award transformative teaching grants and bring innovative learning opportunities to all students in CISD. Additionally, $2 from every Red & Black Run to Fund race entry will be contributed to the CISD Physical Education Department school of your choice.
In 2015-2016, the Coppell Education Foundation has:
- Given over $7000 in new-teacher grants to first time educators in CISD to help them set up their classrooms at the beginning of the school year
- We awarded $35,572 in grants to teachers from EVERY campus in Coppell in December 2015 for innovative learning projects.
- Our latest round of RED & BLACK SUPERSTARS awards to elementary and middle school students and teachers that go “above and beyond” were awarded in the last 2 weeks of January
- Our RED & BLACK ROBOTICS CAMP, in cooperation with Verizon, is underway-- 50 CISD learners in 5th and 6th grade come together each week after-school to build their own personal robots at the New Tech High campus
- Make plans for your 7th & 8th grade learner to join us for the 2nd Annual Red & Black Interactive Institute STEAM Camp June 20-24th.
- Early registration--February 15th to March 31st
- Late Registration -- April 1st - 15th at noon. Online registrations made after 4/12 must pick up bib number on race day.
- On Site Registration (On Race Day Only) - April 16th
- Mail-In Registration is Not Available. All Registrations Must be Completed Online except for Race Day.
- Walk-up, on-site registration - only acceptable forms of payment will be cash or check
- Early & Late Registrations through 4/12 will receive a 2016 Red & Black Run to Fund t-shirt. Late registrations after 4/12 & Walk-Up registrations are not guaranteed a t-shirt and are subject to availability.
- CISD Students and Staff will receive a $5/entry discount on early & late registrations. There is no discount for walk-up race day registrations. Staff must provide campus and ID # to qualify for discount.
- Children age 5 and under are free to participate in the 1-Mile Fun Run. Online registration is required, but an event t-shirt is not included. Additional event t-shirts may be purchased for $15 each.
- Dogs or pets are not permitted.
- Strollers are not permitted on the 5K course for safety reasons. All participants must be able to walk or run the 5K course. Strollers are allowed on the 1-Mile Fun Run.
FEES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (Please note all online registrations include a processing fee not included in the registration fees stated below)
- 1-MILE FUN RUN (Please note: this is the only race where strollers are allowed. No strollers on 5K course.)
- Early Registration $20
- Late Registration $25
- Children ages 5 and under are free. Registration is required.
- 5K RACE (Timed or Not Timed Option)- CISD Students & Staff Only
- Early Registration $20
- Late Registration $25
- 5K RACE (Timed or Not Timed Option) - General
- Early Registration $25
- Late Registration $30
- WALK-UP REGISTRATIONS (April 16th only)
- 1-Mile Fun Run $30
- 5K Race $35
- SLEEP IN PARTICIPANT - includes an event t-shirt for $15 that must be picked up during packet pickup.
PACKET PICKUP - Old Town Coppell
Location - The Ratliff Group Building - 531 W. Bethel Rd - Coppell
- Thursday, April 14th, 5pm-8pm
- Friday, April 15th, 10am-8pm
- Saturday, April 16th, 7am - Race Day Location
RACE DAY EVENTS
- 7:00 am Race Day Registration
- 8:00am 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk Start
- 8:30am 5K Run Start
- 9:30am 5K Awards Announced
- Parking at Coppell North and Denton Creek is limited. Registered participants will be sent a map via email prior to the race showing where parking is available and also alternative parking locations. Please do not park in areas not permitted or you will be subjected to be towed or ticketed.
- Approved areas for parking are: Coppell Middle School North, Denton Creek Elementary, Andy Brown Park Central/Softball fields (E. side of Denton Tap, south of Natches Trace, North of Parkway), Victory Place @ Coppell, Ivy Montessori Academy (109 Natches Trace), Holmes Builders Office Complex (225 East Highway 121, near Jack in the Box) and areas near race route as directed by Coppell Police and Run to Fund signs.
- Any parking outside of these designated areas is at your own risk.
5K MEDALS & AWARDS
- Overall Male & Female
- Overall Masters (Age 40+), Male & Female
- Top 3 Male & Female Finishers in the following age categories:
- Ages 5-9
- Ages 10-14
- Ages 15-19
- Ages 20-24
- Ages 25-29
- Ages 30-34
- Ages 35-39
- Ages 40-44
- Ages 45-49
- Ages 50-54
- Ages 55-59
- Ages 60+
About the Coppell Education Foundation
The Coppell Education Foundation is a nonprofit corporation 501(c)(3) chartered in June 2000. While the Foundation operates independently of the CISD, it shares a vision of enhancing education in Coppell Schools. The Foundation fosters creative and innovative approaches to education through private grants and involvement. By awarding Foundation funds, support for the students and staff of CISD is ensured for today and tomorrow.