If you are looking for a great community event on Thanksgiving morning then the CenturyLink Turkey Trot at the Carlisle Family YMCA is the event for you! We are excited to announce that this is our 17th Annual Race, and will be the best one yet. Our race course will once again be USA Track & Field Certified. This means that our course is accurately measured, and can be used to break national open road racing records. We hope you will come and see why the CenturyLink Turkey Trot is the premier Thanksgiving Day race in SouthCentral PA. Did I also mention the AWESOME swag and awards that are always a big hit? Come have a great time and enjoy our 5K run / walk through the neighborhoods of Carlisle.
Turkey Jay is ready, are you?
Race starts at 9am sharp on Thanksgiving Day. Please arrive early as downtown parking is limited. There is plenty of parking 2 blocks away at Walmart, by the movie theatre.
Race starts and finishes at the Carlisle Family YMCA
NEW & EXCITING FEATURES
- Share and Post on Facebook to save money on your registration
- Want a FREE entry? Forward your registration link to others; When they register with your link your entry gets cheaper (up to a free entry)! So spread the word with your confirmation link.
- Win the Golden Fork by registering a team in the Tuckey Team Challenge
- Five year age division awards (20 and up)
- Get creative! Most creative team name wins a prize (voted on by Y staff)
- Photo Booth, Picture area, and Balloon Artist provided by Strouse Entertainment
- Face painting offered by CALC
- Snapchat Geofilter so you can share where you are and what you’re up to Thanksgiving morning!
- Bobby Rahal Automotive Group race bib coupon ($250 off the Market Driven Price for any BobbyRahal Automotive Group vehicle, valid through 3/31/19) Must provide bib or coupon for the deal. See race bib for further details.
Tuckey Team Award: Think you have what it takes to win the SUPER SIZED golden fork and take down Transformation Training & Fitness ( won two years in a row)? Yes, the Golden Fork is back for a third year, and yes, it goes to the team with the most registered participants (must register before Nov. 19th at 11:55pm). It would be the perfect addition to anyone’s living room or office. (We do not recommended eating turkey with it.) Get your co-workers, friends or family and create a team today. P.S. We also will give away a prize for the most creative team name (selected by the Y staff).
Thank you to The Tuckey Companies for sponsoring the Golden Fork Award!
Course Map: For the 2018 CenturyLink Turkey Trot can be found at:
Results: Will be posted:
- Click on the Turkey
- Click on Motion Timing Website Link
- Click Results tab 2018
- Scroll down to find 2018 CenturyLink Turkey Trot
At the Race:
- Underneath the Volvo Construction Equipment Race Result Board Banner
Thank you to Volvo Construction Equipment for being our Race Result Sponsor!
Weather Policy: The race will be held rain or shine. In the event of extreme weather conditions the race will be cancelled and entry fees will be viewed as a charitable donation to benefit the mission of the Carlisle Family YMCA*. If the event is cancelled it will be posted at www.carlislefamilyymca.org before 6:30am race day morning.
*Race proceeds benefit the mission of the Carlisle Family YMCA's commitment to strengthen youth development, healthy living and social responsibility in our community.
- Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 11:45pm to choose no shirt, long-sleeve performance shirt or hoodie options as well as the lowest race prices
- Thursday, Nov. 1 at 11:45pm to guarantee a long-sleeve performance shirt.
A limited quantity of long-sleeve performance shirts for those who register after Nov. 1 at 11:45pm will be available during packet pick-up on a first come, first served basis. No extra sweatshirts will be available. If you want to guarantee a sweatshirt you must register by Oct. 31.
All registrations received after 11:45pm on Monday, Nov.19, 2018 will be considered Last Minute Registration and charged the race day registration rate. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!!!!
Transfer of registration to another party is not permitted.
Race day registrations will be accepted from 7-8am the morning of the race
Race Packets: For your convenience race packets will be available for pickup at the Carlisle Family YMCA on Nov. 20 and 21st, from 6am to 9pm, as well as 6:45a-8am on race day. If you are unable to pick your packet up prior to race day, please ask a family member or friend to pick it up for you.
It is highly recommended that your packet is picked up BEFORE race day.
- For the safety of all participants please do not bring any pets with you to the race, whether you are a participant or spectator.
- The Carlisle Family YMCA discourages the use of headphones/iPods as it can affect your ability to hear race instructions from volunteers.
Project SHARE: We are once again partnering with Project SHARE to help feed the hungry. We encourage everyone to bring canned fruits, vegetables and or shelf stable protein (tuna, chicken breasts, etc.) Every item donated gives you a chance to win a free Personal Training, Massage or Reiki session. Five lucky winners will be chosen. Must be present to win.
12-U M/F 1-2
13-16 M/F 1-2
17-19 M/F 1-2
20-24 M/F 1-2
25-29 M/F 1-2
30-34 M/F 1-2
35-39 M/F 1-2
40-44 M/F 1-2
45-49 M/F 1-2
50-54 M/F 1-2
55-59 M/F 1-2
60-64 M/F 1-2
65-69 M/F 1-2
70+ M/F 1-2
5K Run M/F Overall
Christmas Tree Sales
The Y's Men's and Women's club will start selling Christmas trees and holiday wreaths on Friday, November 23rd