4th Annual 5K In My Shoes is proudly presented by Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
ABOUT THE RACE:
This annual event, 5K In My Shoes is a walk, run, or roll race that promotes awareness of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities within the community, a healthy lifestyle for all participants, creates an atmosphere for positive self-esteem, allows individuals who are not ambulatory to engage in a sporting activity and creates a culture of access, inclusion and philanthropy within the community.
Envision is the Community Centered Board (CCB) serving Weld County, one of 20 such entities in the State of Colorado. Every year, Envision provides case management and a diverse set of person-centered services that support more than 1,800 children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities or delays and their families in Weld County. Envision is dedicated to providing programs and services promote inclusion based on person centered practices focused on full participation in home and community life.
Through in-house programs and contracts with a network of more than 69 provider agencies, professionals, community businesses and other services, Envision facilitates a comprehensive support program in a broad spectrum of settings, including the person or family home, 24-hour on-site staff, scheduled support staff, host homes and group homes.
Services may include the provision of living environments, therapies, transportation related to services, medication administration and monitoring, ancillary medical care, meal preparation, daily living skills, personal care, access to community services, interpersonal relationships, recreation and leisure activities, group and individual supported employment, adaptive equipment, home modification, and more.
Below are a few more ways that Envision’s services help Colorado:
- Helps infants and toddlers with developmental delays catch up with their peers
- Keeps children at home with their families instead of being placed in out-of-home locations
- Assists adults to live a life of their own design, supports adults so they can work and volunteer in their community
- Provides cost-effective care for people whose families can no longer care for them
- Saves taxpayer dollars by arranging for targeted assistance to prevent a negative chain of events
- Allows parents and families to remain stable, employed and on private health insurance
- and so much more...
More information about Envision is available at: www.envisionco.org.
More photos from past races are available at: www.envisionco.org/newsandevents.
Full race details: www.envisionco.org/5KInMyShoes